Many options are available from all polymer groups with weatherability, flammability and high impact resistant properties.
Our material portfolio includes:
- ABS & MABS – LG Chem
- ASA – LG Chem
- PA6, PA66 – LG Lumid
- PC – LG Lupoy
- PMMA – LX MMA
- POM – KEP Kepital
- PP – Haiplen, Nilene
- TPE – Niflex, Taroprene
Product Focus – ASA LG Chem
ASA (Acrylate-Styrene-Acrylonitrile) is a copolymer of SAN reinforced with Acrylic rubber. It is an ideal choice for outdoor applications due to its high environmental resistance. As such ASA is now considered as a replacement to PVC for certain applications.
LG Chem’s portfolio of ASA products is extensive. Low and high gloss, heat resistant, anti-abrasion and scratch resistance grades are just some of the products available.
Grades for all processing methods exist, as well as high rubber content grades for compounding and co-extrusion/capping grades.
- High resistance to UV exposure, superior to PVC
- Good chemical resistance
- Superior impact resistance at lower temperatures compared to PMMA
- Ease of colouring and excellent colour fastness compared to PVC
- Wide range of aesthetic appearances
- Eco-friendly, recyclable and Low TVOC levels
- Retention of dimensional stability and mechanical properties akin to those of ABS
- Decking (Co-extruded)
- Fascia soffits
- Cladding / Sidings
- Window profiles
- Doors cassettes
- Roof line
- Deco Sheet
- Edge bands